- The joint is stiff causing restriction in range of movement.
- Adhesions have formed around the joint. This usually occurs after a joint injury, (fracture, dislocation)
- There is a lack of active, passive range of motion.
- Hand therapy – work at trying to maximize gains of movement
- If no progress is made after three to six months, surgery is recommended.
- Infection, haematoma, neurovascular injury, further stiffening and adhesions
Post Op Care
- Light dressings and then to hand therapy to push active passive range of motion for up to three months